The Southwest Transitway Route Selection Open Houses have been scheduled. The purpose of these meetings is to release the evaluations done as part of the Draft EIS of the three potential LRT alignments. The evaluation measures include:
- ridership forecasts
- cost estimates
- cost-effectiveness calculations
- transit mobility measures
- an inventory of potentially affected critical environmental resources
These evaluations will be used to select the Locally Preferred Alternative (LPA). Two SW Transitway Advisory Committees will make a recommendation on the preferred alternative in the near future. The preferred alternative will then need to be approved by the Hennepin County Regional Railroad Authority and the Metropolitan Council before it gets the full environmental review treatment.
The bottom line though is that this is the data that will get used to make the selection. I’m very interested to see the results, and I hope I can attend at least the Minneapolis meeting. I’m a little late on this news, but I assumed if I signed up for the mailing list I’d be notified of upcoming meetings. Apparently this is not the case.
If you’re too lazy to click through to get the schedule, here are the meeting dates:
- August 11: Open house at Hopkins City Hall from 6:30 to 8:00 PM
- August 13: Open house at downtown Minneapolis Library from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- August 13: Open house at Marriott Southwest Hotel in Minnetonka from 6:30 to 8:00 PM
- August 18: Open house at St. Louis Park City Hall from 6:30 to 8:00 PM
- August 19: Open house at Eden Prairie City Hall from 6:30 to 8:00 PM