- Total number of stations increased 24%
- Total rentals increased 26%
- Total duration of rentals increased 36%
- Rentals by Nice Ride subscribers increased 14%
- Rentals by casual users (non-subscribers) increased 50%
- The 2012 season peaked in June with 52,000 rentals, while the 2011 season peaked later, in July with about 49,000 rentals.
Distribution of usage among stations looks similar to 2011, with the notable exception that many more St. Paul stations were online in 2012. Heaviest stations usage is still in the diagonal Hennepin Ave corridor between SE 4th Street and Lake Street in Uptown.
Notable changes in the data include the fact that Nice Ride is no longer including the gender of each rental rider, which means we’ll have a harder time determining if we’re addressing the gender gap. They are also not giving us a list of subscribers like they did in 2011, so we can’t analyze that.